Deal Desk Associate
Greetings, Deal Desk hero 👋🏻
This is not a usual job description, but there is a good reason for that.
It's going to take you 5 minutes to read it, but it is 100% worth it.
Let us explain.
Over the past 100 years, media production went through cycles of innovation that impacted the production, distribution, and consumption of media in ways that we couldn't predict.
Things are changing quickly, technologies grow and evolve in multiple waves.
One of the ways to think about how technologies emerge is that stuff tends to begin small and slow. There is an early period where the technology isn't quite working and it doesn't look like it's going to be very useful or important.
But then, it reaches a point where the growth accelerates upwards. It moves from the period when it was kind of a crazy idea to a period of excitement and growth.
Everything starts working.
At Synthesia, we believe the future of media is synthetic. Not sure what's that about? Check this article written by our CEO Victor Riparbelli: https://www.synthesia.io/post/the-future-of-synthetic-media
It's kind of a crazy idea.
But after 5 years of research and a roller coaster ride of successes and failures, here is a graph showing the number of AI videos created by our customers in 2021 (in 2022 and 2023 it's growing exponentially).
Not that crazy of an idea anymore, huh? 😉
In 2021 we've raised two funding rounds with a total of $62M from legendary investors such as Kleiner Perkins and Google Ventures.
And now, in June 2023, we've raised an additional $90M from Accel and NVIDIA at a $1B Unicorn valuation.
And yet, we're just getting started building the foundations of a whole new type of media.
We're still extremely early, and you have the chance to be a pioneer and shape the future of video production!
To continue our growth trajectory, we're looking for a Deal Desk Associate.
We have a product/market fit, good website fundamental and we're ready to push the throttle down. Come aboard! 🚀
About the job
In this position, you will join our Revenue Operations team as a Deal Desk Associate, enabling our salespeople in crafting complex, non-standard commercial proposals, ensuring adherence to commercial, legal, security and financial processes, and helping to build scalable, repeatable processes that drive deal velocity.
- Work with our sales and customer success teams to craft commercial proposals for our prospects and customers.
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on pricing, discounts, commercial terms, financial guidelines and deal structure.
- Partner with Ops, Legal and Finance to review or address revenue recognition or commercial contracting concerns for non-standard deal structures.
- Work with Security to ensure that customer questionnaire and RFP documents are completed accurately and returned on time.
- Assist stakeholders with other daily requirements, including tooling issues, low-level Salesforce administration etc.
- Ensure adherence to our quote-to-contract processes and policies.
- Work within defined approval and escalation processes.
- Act as the point of convergence for all deals, ensuring that users are provisioned correctly, legal documents are properly managed and providing Finance and Accounting teams with context and clarification on complex deal structures and how they are to be treated as it relates to invoicing, revenue recognition etc.
- Identify and implement process improvements that allow deal velocity and process adherence to coexist.
What's exciting about this job?
At Synthesia, we already have a lot of traffic, a highly-skilled marketing team and a funnel that works. Now it's time to scale our machine.
How will your day to day look like?
Building automations, working with datasets, monitoring metrics and generally owning everything related to marketing and top-of-funnel operations.
You can see more about who we are and how we work here: https://www.synthesia.io/careers
🤔 Interested? Imagine joining Airbnb, Stripe, Figma - when they had product-market fit, but the world hasn't completely realized it yet. That's how early we are. 🤩
- 2+ years of experience in a Deal Desk or GTM Operations function with a global sales team in a SaaS business.
- Solid understanding and experience with CPQ (configure, price, quote) tools and processes.
- Proven ability to own and run complex deals end-to-end, encompassing commercials, legal, security and finance.
- Solid understanding of SaaS business models and subscription pricing/management.
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting processes as they relate to SaaS, including billing, invoicing, revenue recognition.
- Prior experience with working closely across GTM, Legal, and Finance functions.
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ, Ironclad and Stripe is desirable, but not essential.
- A fast, flexible team player with a focus on enablement.
- A strong character who can enforce process adherence.
- Highly organised and able to run multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Numerical and analytical.
- Empathetic to the role of a sales professional.
- 💸 We are generous - you will be compensated fairly (incl. stock option plan)
- ✨ We are mindful - you will have the flexibility to work from home and rest when you need to.
- 💻 We are a tech company - you will have access to all the equipment you need.
- 🎉 We are fun - we do company off-sites, team dinners, and other social activities.
- 📈 We want you to grow - you will be joining a bunch of exceptional professionals who will help you shape the career you are dreaming of.