Greetings, Senior Creative 👋🏻
Note: the job post includes images and links, in case you can't see them: https://boards.eu.greenhouse.io/synthesia/jobs/4240519101
This is not a usual job description, but there is a good reason for that.
It's going to take you 5 minutes to read it, but it is 100% worth it.
Let us explain.
Over the past 100 years, media production went through cycles of innovation that impacted the production, distribution, and consumption of media in ways that we couldn't predict.
Things are changing quickly, technologies grow and evolve in multiple waves.
One way to think of the development of technologies is that it usually starts small and slow. There's an early stage where the technology doesn't quite work yet and it doesn't look like it'll be very useful or important.
But then it reaches a point where the growth accelerates upward. From the time when it was kind of a crazy idea, it moves into a time of excitement and growth.
Everything starts to work.
At Synthesia, we believe the future of media is synthetic. Not sure what's that about? Check this article written by our CEO Victor Riparbelli.
It's kind of a crazy idea.
But after 6 years of research and a roller coaster ride of successes and failures, Synthesia is now the leading brand in AI video production with over 50,000 customers to date.
Yet we are just laying the groundwork for a whole new kind of media. Imagine joining Uber, Airbnb or Stripe when these companies were just getting started. That's how early we are.
About the job
In this position, you will join our Content & Community team in Marketing. You will:
- Collaborate with our Head of Content & Community, a Copywriter and two existing video editors.
- Generate ideas for impactful content.
- Develop ideas, scripts, and concepts for the future of content at Synthesia.
- Proactively identify viral video trends or creative editing techniques for Synthesia Social Media channels and beyond.
- Collaborate with the wider marketing team on creative ideas.
- Build on a platform of other viral content - we've had 85m views on TikTok so far!
- Champion exciting new releases in the product to demonstrate what is possible with our synthetic video creation platform.
- Drive customers to Synthesia through engaging, enjoyable content.
If you are a trailbrazer, hacker, ideas-person, or storyteller who loves experimenting with video formats and generating engaging content this job is for you.
And you can get a head start to become one 🚀
- Great scriptwriting and storytelling skills.
- Native English-level proficiency.
- Understanding of how to create "viral" content on social media.
- Experience creating impactful content for brands you've worked with.
- Prior experience creating or producing videos for explainers, demos, and social ads.
- Prior experience working closely with editors/producers.
- Interest in generative AI.
You'll stand out if you bring:
- Relevant agency experience.
- Prior experience creating concepts and copywriting scripts for viral content.
- 💸 We are generous - you will be compensated competitively. Our base salary range for someone at a Senior-level is in the region of £75,000 - £110,000 GBP (excluding bonuses and our Stock option plan).
- ✨ We are mindful - you will have the flexibility to work from home and rest when you need to or work from our London office.
- 💻 We are a tech company - you will have access to all the equipment you need.
- 🎉 We are fun - we do company off-sites, team dinners, and other social activities.
- 📈 We want you to grow - you will be joining a bunch of exceptional professionals who will help you shape the career you are dreaming of.
At Synthesia we expect everyone to:
- Be an owner.
- Focus on outcomes over Inputs and Plans.
- Make the journey fun
- Default to simple.
You can read more about this in this public Notion page: https://synthesia.notion.site/How-we-work-at-Synthesia-f794caa72f8446efb6be22b551ce0fa2