Mid-level Digital Designer
TL;DR: 👋 we're looking for a mid-level Digital Designer. You'll design templates that are used by some of the world's largest companies within our AI-powered video creation platform. If you are excited about using storytelling, graphic design, motion, VFX, and UI design principles to invent the future formats of video, this one's for you!
Who are we?
We are on a mission to make video easy for anyone …
Synthesia is the world’s #1 AI video generation platform. Well, it’s actually a video production studio — in a browser. As in, no cameras or film crews at all. You simply choose an avatar, enter your script in one of 120 languages, and your video is ready in minutes. In Synthesia, you can build personalised on-the-fly videos, give your chatbot a human face or run 24/7 weather channels in different languages, to name just a few of the possibilities 🎬.
We believe the future of media is synthetic, and we are on a mission to turn cameras into code and make everyone a creator.
Not sure what we’re talking about? Check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia in a way that anyone can *kind of * understand what this AI video stuff is all about.
And yet we are just laying the groundwork for a whole new kind of media here. Imagine joining Uber, Airbnb or Stripe when these companies were just getting started.
That's how early we are – but enough about us now. You can watch the video below or keep reading to understand more about this role & then apply!
We seek a highly skilled and creative Mid-weight Designer to join our Customer Services Content Creation Team. As a key team member in our mission to empower everyone to make video content without cameras, microphones or studios, you will be responsible for crafting corporate templates and leveraging your skills to unlock bespoke visual storytelling. This role requires a hands-on worker with a keen eye for detail and devotion to high-quality solutions.
Our Customer Services Content Creation Team is at the heart of our business and responsible for the creation of a brand-new lineup of products that will empower some of the world's largest companies to create video entirely in their browser. Here is an example of a generic template (https://share.synthesia.io/ce2c8fea-a442-495b-9f25-48c997b6ef32) we created to help candidates understand what a template means in the context of Synthesia.
What we need from you:
- An ability to lead end-to-end project execution, from concepting to delivery.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and visual) to effectively convey ideas to cross-functional internal teams.
- Develop visually striking projects, respecting and maintaining a cohesive brand identity from multiple companies.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment, contributing ideas and accepting changes as part of the process.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, infusing innovation into your design approach.
What you'll bring:
- Proven 4+ years of design experience with a portfolio demonstrating high-quality work across multiple design disciplines.
- Creative mindset with strong multitasking abilities.
- Passion for motion graphics, branding, and typography.
- Proficiency in Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Intermediate knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- Experience in presentation design is a plus.
- Strong organisational skills
- Support a quiet ego mentality and being at ease with team members updating your work
At Synthesia we expect everyone to:
- Be an owner.
- Focus on outcomes over Inputs and Plans.
- Make the journey fun
- Default to simple.
You can read more about this on this public Notion page: https://synthesia.notion.site/How-we-work-at-Synthesia-f794caa72f8446efb6be22b551ce0fa2
You can expect the following in return...
💸 A competitive salary of £40,000 - £55,000 GBP + stock options in our fast-growing Series C start-up.
📍 A hybrid environment. You’ll need to spend 1 day per week in our London office.
🏝 25 days of annual leave + public holidays in the country where you are based.
🥳 Regular socials and company retreats.
🍼 Paid parental leave.
👉 A generous referral scheme.
💻 A brand new computer of your choice and the equipment you need to get your work done (if that still counts as a benefit in 2023 🤔)
🚀 A huge opportunity for career growth as you’ll help shape a market-defining product.