Mid Frontend Software Engineer
Thriva is the UK's leading diagnostics business and we’re on a mission to help millions of people worldwide become actively invested in their long term health, through using health insights to help them thrive.
Our consumer business is for everyone who wants to improve and understand what is happening inside their bodies. From taking a home test to getting actional results and GP advice all through a website and app.
Our B2B business, Thriva Solutions offers health services and provides a full end to end diagnostic service (DAAS). We offer speed, reduced risk and scaling of diagnostic capabilities for partners who work with us. We’re building a new category in the market and would love for you to come on this journey with us.
Meet our product team!
The product team are responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work very collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies and big companies.
Why work with us
You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people.
We’re creating something entirely new and we don’t know everything. So we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives. We set quarterly goals which means you’ll always know what you’re doing tomorrow is going to help grow the company over the next few months.
We are trying to create a truly personalised product for each customer. That means delivering tailored insights and advice to each person based on their health goals — whether that's trying to improve their sleep or live longer. We’re also building a unique data set that will allow us to learn more than ever about people’s health and predict issues before they occur.
While we do have teams with different specialities and focus, most of our work spans across multiple areas. This means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
Startup life can be tough sometimes, so we like to bring as much fun as we can to the office!
Our current Tech stack
- Nuxt.js - for our server side rendered marketing website
- Ruby, Rails, - powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- Jest, Cypress - for testing
- Storybook & private NPM modules - for managing our UI component library
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes - for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis - for data and async messaging
- Github- for source control and continuous integration
- React Native - for our mobile application
We are building an awesome product and to do that we need a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team.
- You have experience writing modular, well-tested, and maintainable code
- You enjoy working with a JS framework (Vue, React, Angular etc)
- You have written cross browser compatible HTML/CSS
- You enjoy identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues
- You prefer working in a cross functional team
- You enjoy mentoring less experienced developers
- You enjoy learning and are proactive about implementing best practices
How we work: We work in a hybrid way and offer flexible working options. Our office in Old street is open for anyone who wants to go in – whether you find the office is the best place to work and want to come in frequently; or you enjoy a change of scenery and are meeting your team weekly or monthly.
We want to help you do your best, be yourself, and ultimately never have that "Sunday fear", here are some of our perks:
- Employee option scheme 📈
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) ✈️
- 6-week paid sabbatical on your 4-year Thrivaversary 🌴
- Wellbeing budget, from a mindfulness app subscription, to childcare, a new hobby or a massage, you choose how you want to spend it 🧘
- Private healthcare with Bupa 🩺
- Enhanced parental leave 🐥
- Nursery scheme 🍼
- Income protection & Life insurance 🏡
- £600/year professional development budget 🌱
- Free Thriva tests 💜
- 2 days paid voluntary / charity / community work🎗
- Pet friendly office 🐶
- Climate perks programme 🌍
- 12 weeks work from anywhere per year 🗺
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!