Thriva is the UK's leading diagnostics business and we’re on a mission to help millions of people worldwide become actively invested in their long term health, through using health insights to help them thrive.
Our consumer business is for everyone who wants to improve and understand what is happening inside their bodies. From taking a home test to getting actional results and GP advice all through a website and app.
Our B2B business, Thriva Solutions offers health services and provides a full end to end diagnostic service (DAAS). We offer speed, reduced risk and scaling of diagnostic capabilities for partners who work with us. We’re building a new category in the market and would love for you to come on this journey with us.
Meet our product team!
The product team is responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work very collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies and big companies.
What you'll be working on
- Making everyone around you happier, healthier, more productive and fulfilled.
- Supporting, coaching and developing high performing engineers through regular 1-2-1s, continuous feedback and through relationships with team leads.
- Implementing excellent team processes that allow us to work at an intelligent pace.
- Ensuring the right sizing of the team to deliver on team and company goals.
- Facilitating team members’ goals, and truly caring about their personal and professional development.
- Owning your hiring, working with the people function to build a streamlined, inclusive process and a first class on-boarding experience.
- Collaborating with the CTO and your fellow engineering managers on setting the foundations for the healthy growth of Product and Engineering and developing our Engineering culture.
- Collaborating with Product Managers and Technical Leads on developing the roadmap
- Wearing different hats to support technical and product leadership, according to the needs of your teams.
Our current Tech stack
- Nuxt.js - for our server side rendered marketing website
- Ruby, Rails, - powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- Jest, Cypress - for testing
- Storybook & private NPM modules - for managing our UI component library
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker - for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis - for data and async messaging
- Github, CircleCI - for source control and continuous integration
You’re an Engineering Manager, with experience leading cross functional teams in fast-growth environments.
- You build a people-first, collaborative and empathetic environment.
- You come from a strong technical background and enjoy keeping tabs on the engineering community and latest innovations.
- You have experience managing and developing software engineers and building collaborative, caring, and high performing teams.
- You have been a leader in cross-functional teams, collaborating with the various functions across Product, Design, and Data.
- You promote clear communication and expectations to drive people and organisational goals.
- You’re an advocate for engineering best practices in building secure, reliable and scalable software.
How we work: We work in a hybrid way and offer flexible working options. Our office in Old street is open for anyone who wants to go in – whether you find the office is the best place to work and want to come in frequently; or you enjoy a change of scenery and are meeting your team weekly or monthly.
We want to help you do your best, be yourself, and ultimately never have that "Sunday fear", here are some of our perks:
- Employee option scheme 📈
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) ✈️
- 6-week paid sabbatical on your 4-year Thrivaversary 🌴
- Wellbeing budget, from a mindfulness app subscription, to childcare, a new hobby or a massage, you choose how you want to spend it 🧘
- Private healthcare with Bupa 🩺
- Enhanced parental leave 🐥
- Nursery scheme 🍼
- Income protection & Life insurance 🏡
- £600/year professional development budget 🌱
- Free Thriva tests 💜
- 2 days paid voluntary / charity / community work🎗
- Pet friendly office 🐶
- Climate perks programme 🌍
- 12 weeks work from anywhere per year 🗺
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!