Senior Product Engineer (Frontend)
Software Engineering, Product
Posted on Saturday, July 8, 2023
ABOUT TREECARD 🌳
Make a Real Impact 🌍
Here at Treecard, We’re harnessing the power of the people to help solve climate change by democratizing the ability to live sustainably. We’re the kind of green that doesn’t wash off, and our customers have already planted over 200 thousand trees just by using their Treecard.
We’re striving to build the largest and most engaged eco-focused community and a worldwide organization people can trust. We need people who can’t wait to jump in and help scale our impact together.
Check out our first product, Treecard: a real wooden debit card that plants free trees as you spend.
Do the best work of your life 🚀
As a mission-driven startup entering a hyper-growth stage, Treecard not only offers an environment for huge personal growth but an opportunity to leave a legacy we can be proud of.
We’re powered by Ecosia, the search engine that has planted over 130M trees to date and has over 30M monthly active customers. We've also raised $26M (Series A) to date and have a growing user base, with 40% of all sign-ups being referred by a friend or family. We are backed by EQT, Worldfund, and Seedcamp— the original investors of Transferwise and Revolut.
We’re set up for success, racing forward, and swinging beyond the fences. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and together, we hope you are too. Come help make sustainable living accessible for everyone.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤩
This role is best suited to a strong self starter, you should be confident working independently but you seek out help when you need it.
- You will have the support of an existing team of frontend engineers.
- You will be involved in the design and scoping of work.
- You will be an active participant in improving the stability and structure of the codebase.
Our team is fully remote and this role is based in the UK. We also have a WeWork office available to our London teammates if preferred (usually 1-2x/week).
Your Day to Day 👐
In your day to day role you will help to shape all elements of product delivery, not the just the technical parts. Delivery is a team sport, and we encourage everyone at Treecard to share their ideas from product ideation to new ways of working.
You’ll be part of the team responsible for Treecard’s mobile frontend experiences. Everything from Unity game integration to payment processing, you’ll be tasked with delivering and maintaining features with a focus on delivering value quickly.
As a member of the team you will have a huge amount of responsibility over the product direction and the company itself. We have a mature tested React-native application written in Typescript that leverages react-query for state management and standard packages like react-navigation and reanimated for navigation and animations respectively.
To get a taste of the kind of work you’ll be doing at Treecard, here are some highlights of what we’ve shipped in the last 12 months:
- New in-app flows to send Gifts to friends
- Gift push notifications and deep-linking flows.
- Launched ‘Spend’ - get rewarded for making climate positive purchases by connecting your existing bank account
- Plaid + Stripe integrations.
- Launched a new tree points walk to plant flow.
- Leveraging custom UI animations written in reanimated
Sound like you? 🍃
- 6+ Years of engineering experience
- Experience with Typescript, Swift and Kotlin would be advantageous but not essential
- You have some experience with testing mobile applications through unit, integration or e2e testing.
- You’re product minded and not afraid to make suggestions
- Previous startup experience is a strong plus
- You’re watching the climate crisis unfold with real concern and looking for an opportunity to dive in and make a difference
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU 🙌🏝
100% Coverage for medical insurance (including dependents) & dental/vision plans
401(k) plan (US) and Pension plan (UK)
Unlimited Time Off Flexible Hours and Locations (100% Remote)
Flexible Parental Leave
Remote Workstation Stipend
Annual $1,000 Wellness & Development Stipend
Regular team retreats to connect with eachother & nature!