KYC / KYB Analyst
A fully remote role based for UK based company
Role Overview 🚀
At Uncapped, we help ambitious founders realise their dreams. We are seeking a highly motivated Due Diligence Associate to join the Services Team to help our customers to cross the finish line after applying for our product. You will own the design of core customer due diligence processes, ensuring we can maximise throughput and minimise risk exposure whilst optimising for a best-in-class customer onboarding experience. You’ll work closely with your colleagues in Product, Services and Risk to create processes that can help us scale at pace.
About Uncapped 👫
Founded in 2019, Uncapped is the fastest, most affordable way for growing online businesses to fund marketing and inventory. The company was born out of frustration with the limited financing options available for UK and European entrepreneurs to finance growth.
Uncapped provides business advances of between £10k and £5m without credit checks, personal guarantees, warrants, equity, or compounding interest -- and makes money by charging a low flat fee that is paid back from future sales revenue.
Uncapped has raised $120 million from investors including Lakestar, Mouro Capital, Global Founders Capital, White Star Capital, Seedcamp, and All Iron Ventures.
About the Services Team 🔎
We are responsible for being the main customer point of contact during their journey at Uncapped. Our talks are about all the different subjects! You will learn about how different businesses operate around the countries we support in the many lines of business. A normal day in this team will never be a boring one! There is always something different happening, and we need to think about how we will tackle this keeping the customer's best interest in mind.
Ensure Uncapped is onboarding customers based on our risk matrix.
What you will do ✍️
- Ensure Uncapped is onboarding customers based based on our risk matrix
- Perform enhanced due diligence reviews on business customers and their owners;
- Shape the Due Diligence department and processes and help us to shape how our product works as we grow.
- Generate and maintain appropriate case documentation;
- Coach junior analysts and help increase the organizational capability of the team;
- Identify risks and suggest implementation of applicable controls to mitigate them;
- Escalate any issues or complex cases and ensure their resolution;
- Resolve issues at a great speed, keeping backlog inexistent;
- Other ad-hoc business due diligence-related tasks.
Who you are 👀
- Prior experience in a fintech or start-up is a must;
- Seasoned experience in managing KYC and EDD cases;
- Bachelor’s level degree or professional qualification;
- Good oral and written communication skills required;
- Proficiency in verbal and written English. The second language will be considered an advantage;
- Good Research Skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
What we offer 🎁
We’re a fast-growing startup with huge goals. So everyone does their best work, and we provide the benefits our team really wants. We’re continually adding to this list as new people join -- here are some of the things you can expect:
- A competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working: Remote-first processes for ultimate flexibility
- Unlimited time off to relax and see the world
- A personal growth fund that helps you to become your best
- Weekly recognition and awards that celebrate all the wins, both big and small
- Annual retreat abroad to hang out with your team on a paid staff trip
- A workspace just for you, with £350/€400/$450 to optimise your home office
We are only able to consider applications from those who are eligible to work in Europe without requiring sponsorship.