A role for anyone located in Sao Paulo (Brazil)
ℹ️ We will consider only applications in English!
Role Overview 🚀
At Uncapped, we help ambitious founders realise their dreams. If you want to help grow an exciting company by using your expertise in microservice architectures--and deep knowledge and skill in testing your own code--this job is for you. This role is ideally suited for an Engineer who is very good at working closely with others, especially other backend developers. You are a self-igniting engineer, motivated to seek opportunities to improve both a codebase and delivery processes.
We like to work with Engineers who contribute to discussions, explore options, and include other views in making decisions. And we focus on engineering valuable business outcomes and building more data-driven systems, rather than measuring work based on completed tasks.
About Uncapped 👫
Founded in 2019 and headquartered in London, Uncapped is the fastest, most affordable way for growing online businesses to fund marketing and inventory. We provide lending volumes of between $100k and $10m without credit checks, personal guarantees, warrants, equity, or compounding interest -- and make money by charging a low flat fee that is paid back from future sales revenue. Uncapped has raised $120 million from investors including Lakestar, Mouro Capital, Global Founders Capital, White Star Capital, Seedcamp, and All Iron Ventures.
What you will do ✍️
- As a backend developer, you will own the services related to the context of your work, especially building and operating high-quality systems for the exacting standards of the financial services sector. We want you to improve the quality of our systems and teach others how to integrate with APIs and work in a microservices environment.
- You will have the opportunity to create new business solutions for entrepreneurs
- Take the lead on highly visible technical features, help others on the team with complex problems, and work closely with our product and design teams
- Work in TDD methodology to create new features
- Deliver and monitor your work using CI and CD practices
- Contribute by asking, learning, helping, growing
- Java 17
- Spring Boot/Cloud
- Database suited for the problem (SQL/NoSQL)
Who you are 👀
You will have a few years of experience designing and developing software to answer business needs, including:
- Experience in modern Java frameworks and methodologies
- A willingness to learn new things
- A passion for your achievements and having an impact on what you do
- A desire to ask probing questions and to learn from others
- A positive attitude, high integrity, and low ego
What we offer 🎁
We’re a fast-growing startup with huge goals. So everyone does their best work, and we provide the benefits our team really wants. We’re continually adding to this list as new people join -- here are some of the things you can expect:
- A competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working: Remote-first processes for ultimate flexibility
- Unlimited time off to relax and see the world
- A personal growth fund that helps you to become your best
- Weekly recognition and awards that celebrate all the wins, both big and small
- Annual retreat abroad to hang out with your team on a paid staff trip
- A workspace just for you, with £350/€400/$450 to optimise your home office