Investment Associate - B2B Contract
A fully remote role based in Canada (East Coast)
Role Overview 🚀
Are you a highly experienced investment professional with a proven track record of evaluating and managing complex investments in fast-moving digital companies? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the world of start-ups? If so, we at Uncapped would like to invite you to apply for the role of Investment Analyst in our Risk team.
At Uncapped, we invest in growing businesses and ambitious founders. As an Investment Analyst, you will work closely with a diverse group of founders to help them secure the financing they need to grow their businesses. You will report to the Director of Investments and utilise your expertise to develop a deeper understanding of the geographies, sectors, business models and use cases that we serve. You will evaluate our more complex and larger applicants and support the Junior Investment Analyst with expertise and guidance on smaller-sized deals.
In addition to analysing financial statements and business plans, you will also have a keen eye for risks from different sources such as business models, and macro and sectoral trends. You will act as the gatekeeper for our company and help us make safe and sound decisions.
You will also be responsible for driving continuous improvements in our underwriting models and exploring approaches and data sources to enhance our underwriting capabilities. You will be encouraged to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions for our clients.
By taking on this role, you will help fund thousands of growing businesses that are the lifeblood of the global economy and Uncapped's future success.
About Uncapped 👫
Founded in 2019, Uncapped is the fastest, most affordable way for growing online businesses to fund marketing and inventory. The company was born out of frustration with the limited financing options available for UK and European entrepreneurs to finance growth.
Uncapped provides business advances of between £100k and £5m without personal guarantees, warrants, equity, or compounding interest -- and makes money by charging a low flat fee that is paid back from future sales revenue. Uncapped has raised $120 million from investors including Lakestar, Mouro Capital, Global Founders Capital, White Star Capital, Seedcamp, and All Iron Ventures.
What you will do ✍️
- Analyse large customer applications, make recommendations on the size, length and structure of capital advances
- Meet customers through the underwriting process to understand their business model and their risk profile
- Support the Director of Investments in improving our underwriting capabilities through continuous process improvements
- Stand in for the Director of Investments in their absence
- Act as a coach to junior analysts, helping them with their more complex cases, and providing continuous feedback to improve their knowledge and capability
- Help create new products and work with commercial and technology teams to bring ideas to life
- Contribute to Credit Committee retrospective reviews
- Work closely with our Product teams to improve customer experience and satisfaction
- Improve underwriting capabilities by improving models, increasing automation, introducing additional data sources and improving processes
Who you are 👀
- 4-5 years of experience
- Must have a finance education - preferably a finance degree, or an MBA
- Experience in venture capital, venture debt, and the start-up ecosystem is preferred but not necessary.
- Strong analytical skills - we will require you to build and decipher complex financial models for underwriting purposes
- Organised, flexible and focused, with the ability to context-switch
- Strong commercial acumen - intricately understand e-commerce / online / SaaS models
- Confidence to challenge decisions as well be able to explain decision rationale to stakeholders
- Hawk-eye level attention to detail, ability to zoom in and spot what others may miss
- Entrepreneurial mindset - you should constantly look to make the most of available opportunities, overcome quickly to learn from setbacks, be decisive and have a bias towards action
- Collaborative mindset, not afraid to over-communicate in a remote environment
What we offer 🎁
We’re a fast-growing startup with huge goals. So everyone does their best work, and we provide the benefits our team really wants. We’re continually adding to this list as new people join -- here are some of the things you can expect:
- A competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working: Remote-first processes for ultimate flexibility
- Unlimited time off to relax and see the world
- A personal growth fund that helps you to become your best
- Weekly recognition and awards that celebrate all the wins, both big and small
- Annual retreat abroad to hang out with your team on a paid staff trip
- A workspace just for you, with $450 to optimise your home office