A fully remote role based in Europe
Role Overview 🚀
Are you a detail-oriented, analytical thinker looking to make a meaningful impact in the world of start-ups? At Uncapped, we invest in growing businesses and in ambitious founders and we are looking for a talented Investment Analyst to join our Risk team.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn how to assess e-commerce and technology companies and be a part of the venture ecosystem. We are a small team and you will have the opportunity to work directly with our portfolio companies and play a role in our investment decisions.
In this role, you'll get to work with a diverse group of founders and help them secure the financing they need to grow their businesses. You'll use your expertise in financial analysis and credit assessment to make strategic recommendations to the Credit Committee. You'll need to be able to analyse financial statements and business plans and communicate your findings in a clear and concise manner. You will act as the gatekeeper for our company, evaluating the potential risks and liabilities of businesses seeking investment. But don't think this job is all about numbers and spreadsheets - we encourage our analysts to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions for our clients, and In doing so, help fund thousands of growing businesses that are the lifeblood of the global economy and Uncapped’s future success.
About Uncapped 👫
Founded in 2019, Uncapped is the fastest, most affordable way for growing online businesses to fund marketing and inventory. The company was born out of frustration with the limited financing options available for UK and European entrepreneurs to finance growth.
Uncapped provides business advances of between £50k and £10m without personal guarantees, warrants, equity, or compounding interest -- and makes money by charging a low flat fee that is paid back from future sales revenue. Uncapped has raised $120 million from investors including Lakestar, Mouro Capital, Global Founders Capital, White Star Capital, Seedcamp, and All Iron Ventures.
What you will do ✍️
- Analyse customer applications, by reviewing financial statements and other materials to make recommendations on the size, length and structure of capital advances
- Attend calls with founders and management teams, ask questions and form an opinion on new opportunities
- Prepare and present approval packages for the Uncapped Credit Committee
- Collect, review and report on the financial performance of portfolio companies
- Work with the risk team and the CEO to improve our underwriting capabilities through continuous process improvements
- Contribute to Credit Committee retrospective reviews
- Work closely with our Product teams to improve customer experience and satisfaction
Who you are 👀
- Must have a finance education - preferably a finance degree, or an MBA
- Fluent or native German speaker
- High level of curiosity and a passion for technology
- Very strong analytical and modelling skills - we will require you to build and decipher complex financial models for underwriting purposes
- Organised, flexible and focused, with the ability to context switch
- Strong commercial acumen - intricately understand e-commerce / online / SaaS models
- Confidence to challenge decisions as well as be able to explain decision rationale to stakeholders
- Hawk-eye level attention to detail, ability to zoom in and spot what others may miss
- Entrepreneurial mindset - you should constantly look to make the most of available opportunities, overcome quickly to learn from setbacks, be decisive and have a bias towards action
- Collaborative mindset, not afraid to over-communicate in a remote environment
What we offer 🎁
We’re a fast-growing startup with huge goals. So everyone does their best work, and we provide the benefits our team really wants. We’re continually adding to this list as new people join -- here are some of the things you can expect:
- A competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working: Remote-first processes for ultimate flexibility
- Unlimited time off to relax and see the world
- A personal growth fund that helps you to become your best
- Weekly recognition and awards that celebrate all the wins, both big and small
- Annual retreat abroad to hang out with your team on a paid staff trip
- A workspace just for you, with £350/€400/$450 to optimise your home office