At Veratrak, we are dedicated to transforming the pharmaceutical supply chain with innovative solutions. We are team players who believe that technology has the power to drive better patient outcomes and contribute to making medicines more affordable.
Our values are embedded in everything we do and our ambitions for the future drive our agile approach to development. At Veratrak, you will work alongside innovators and experts hailing from countries across the world. With funding from Europe’s top investors and as a winner of Oxford University’s Innovation of the Year award, we are on a mission to digitise the pharmaceutical supply chain.
Veratrak’s award-winning software solutions simplify complex workflows and enable collaboration, visibility and data-sharing across the full industry supply chain. Our solutions are built on blockchain, which ensures workflows and data exchanges are secure, immutable, and auditable
The Hub, by Veratrak, is a SaaS platform that removes peer-to-peer data connections between Pharmaceutical companies and their logistics partners to access a vast network of supply chain services.
The Hub, by Veratrak, offers a data exchange platform, enabling companies to work more efficiently, free up working capital, have visibility in areas where there is currently none, and significantly reduce annual spend on IT services.
As a Site Reliability Engineer / System Engineer at Veratrak, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the reliability, performance, security and scalability of our infrastructure and responsibilities will include:
- Implementing effective application and infrastructure monitoring across the Platform to help in the reduction of service outages, to improve Platform security, and to streamline our support processes
- Proactively automating processes with the aim of reducing toil for the team
- Providing input to the design of the Platform architecture, specifically to improve resiliency and scalability
- Helping to advance the maturity of the Platform in line with the department’s vision, in key areas such as building out our infrastructure following our recently defined environment strategy.
- Performing cost optimisation activities to right-size the AWS Estate to meet budget needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 3+ years Proven experience in a Site Reliability Engineer or System Engineer role.
- Strong knowledge of AWS services and architecture.
- Proficiency in Terraform and other infrastructure as code tools.
- A deep understanding of system administration and Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, or similar.
- Basic knowledge of integration and API technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude towards infrastructure management and optimization.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Preferred but not mandatory:
- AWS Certification: Preferably holding certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, showcasing a deeper understanding of AWS services and architecture.
- Startup Experience: Previous experience in a startup environment, demonstrating adaptability, agility, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, rapidly evolving setting.
- Infrastructure Scaling Expertise: Experience in scaling infrastructure to accommodate rapid growth and increasing demands, highlighting the ability to architect for scalability and performance.
- Competitive compensation package including retirement contributions
- 25 days annual leave + statutory holidays
- Flexible remote working
- An exciting opportunity to shape the future of a company backed by world class venture capital firms
Our Hiring Process:
Stage 1: Screening Interview with Hiring Manager or Functional Lead, 15-30 mins (virtual)
Stage 2: Competency Interview with Hiring Manager and members of the team, 1hr (virtual)
Stage 3: Technical Interview with Hiring Manager and members of the team, 1.5hrs (virtual)
Stage 4: Culture Fit Interview with team member, 30 mins (virtual)