Broadcast Engineer - CONTRACT
Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
Wave is searching for a Broadcast Engineer that is willing to come on as a contractor in the near term. Long term, this role could evolve into a full time position but that will depend on our show load.
Responsibilities & Required Qualifications:
- Responsible for networking, management, and distribution of live and remote video workflows of broadcast studio
- Supply video routing to various stations throughout the studio as needed.
- Familiarity with Decimators, Magewells, Dante, Tricaster, and NDI
- Familiar with MIDI triggers and networking
- Operate multi-platform streams via OBS, with multiple resolutions and codecs.
- Familiarity with OBS and it’s various features, NDI plugin, effects
- Setup and operate “broadcast rolls” for stream, local monitoring, recording purposes.
- Use “Movie Recorder” to record multiple feeds simultaneously as needed.
- Edit recordings for archival purposes and online distribution.
- Manage video archive.
- Maintain and operate studio cameras, including PTZ camera via NDI.
- Create and distribute graphics as needed for broadcast use.
- Comfortability swapping out computer components
- Implementation and operation of teleprompter.
- Provide assistance for any teleconferencing needs as needed (zoom calls, presentations, etc)
- Ability to pack up, transport, and reimplement broadcast setup for remote operation
- Operate Resolume
- Maintain and operate lighting rig (KL Panels, Titan Tubes, ADJ Encore)
- Understanding of ArtNet
- Operate GrandMA2 Command Wing
- Operate “May demo” consisting of multiple cues and midi note changes.
- Program new looks as requested by producer and other members of design team.
- Busk lights to live performance
- Make suggestions and install additional lighting fixtures for future needs.
- Assist with Captury calibration and operation
- Assist with mocap recording via Captury
- Record mocap in UE Editor
- Rigging and routing of IP cameras for Captury
- AWS server monitoring and operation for rebroadcasts
- Operation of “Show Controller” role
- Update, operate VR headset for playtests and demos.
- Assist with virtual production workflow, recordings, facecap, and its distribution around the company.
Compensation: Up to $50/hr depending on qualifications.