Senior Unreal Automation Engineer
Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
Come help us define the future of music! Together we'll create amazing experiences for the attendees, and drive creativity for concerts. You’ll be at the forefront, working to bring interactive concerts at scale. Software engineers at Wave bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We create innovative solutions, achieve massive scale and deliver the future of music to millions.
Please note: this is a direct hire, full time opportunity. We are not interested in C2C workers at this time nor are we working with third party recruiting agencies. Thank you for your understanding.
- Develop and maintain automation frameworks in Unreal Gauntlet and BuildGraph to facilitate automated testing for large scale load tests, daily smoke tests, E2E tests, and Synthetic Monitoring for LiveOps.
- Create high quality automated tooling to improve quality of life and productivity for Development and QA teams.
- Create and document high quality frameworks and processes to allow developers to rapidly create/maintain their own tests when necessary.
- Develop sophisticated wrappers and injected code around our existing C++ and Blueprint systems to allow for direct automation of systems without affecting shipping builds.
- Develop and maintain build and automation systems, with our DevOps team, in Unreal BuildGraph to enhance developer and QA productivity via a stable set of daily builds and automated services running on TeamCity, AWS, and our in-house build farm.
- Perform code reviews
- Identify and provide solutions for performance and architectural issues
- 5+ years hands-on coding experience working on games, mobile, or software applications in a commercial game engine
- Strong C++ knowledge
- C# familiarity
- Hands-on experience with automation frameworks for commercial game engines (Unreal Gauntlet is a significant plus)
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks such as Jenkins, Horde or TeamCity.
- Experience with version control systems such as Perforce or Git
- Strong communication skills
- Music Lover and a passion for live events
- Hands-on experience in Unreal Engine working directly in C++
- Experience creating and maintaining tests and making modifications to Unreal Gauntlet Testing Framework and BuildGraph source code
- Experience or understanding of Unreal’s Blueprint systems
- Experience using a Cloud Platform (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience working with and/or setting up device farms for software testing at scale
- Experience with observability platforms such as Grafana, ElasticStack, or Datadog
- SQL or NoSQL database experience
Salary Range: $110,000 - $160,000**
**Salaries at Wave are based on a few factors including a candidate's location (to account for any cost of living differences), their experience level and their performance during the interview process. On top of a cash salary we also include company equity in the form of stock options with every full time offer as well as other benefits (insurance, 401k, unlimited PTO, laptop/desktop and other IT equipment as needed, subsidized monthly home internet, etc). Salary ranges at Wave are determined based on the job requirements, experience level and market data attained from compensation surveys.