Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
About the company
WealthKernel is a VC-backed, award-winning FinTech company specializing in the Wealth Management industry. Our mission is to make financial services better and more accessible for everyday people. Pioneering an API-first, DevOps culture, we aim to become the AWS of savings, investment, and pension infrastructure. We are proud to announce that we were recently awarded the Startup Program - FinTech prize at the CogX Awards 2023.
About the job:
As WK's Business Development Representative (BDR), you'll be the driving force behind our initial customer engagements. Reporting to the Sales Lead, you'll develop key client relationships, learn the intricacies of the fintech and wealth management segments, and lay the groundwork for long-term growth.
- Prospecting: Identify potential leads and initiate the sales process through calls, emails, and meetings, driving new additions to the pipeline
- Supporting: Support senior sales team members in negotiations and closing deals
- Reporting: Maintain accurate records of sales, leads, and client communications using our CRM.
- Networking: Attend industry conferences, webinars, and workshops to stay updated and network with potential clients.
- Work cross-functionally: Provide feedback to the marketing and product teams to improve marketing effectiveness and drive product development
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in sales or a client-facing role (fintech or financial services experience is a plus).
- You are an excellent communicator and listener, able to qualify a lead during a conversation and deliver key messaging to ensure we are the right fit for each other.
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and have excellent time discipline.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for building relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- You are genuine, curious, and passionate about how better technology can drive better customer outcomes
- You have experience with sequences, personalization, and automation to ensure we are top of mind and top of the inbox.
- You are proficient with CRM software (ideally Hubspot), Microsoft Office, and Google Suite.
- We believe in transparency and empowering people
- We want you to challenge us and also to accept being challenged
- We want you to learn from your mistakes. We want you to propose and try new things
- We believe in results. We don’t micromanage. We trust you.
- You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your skills in new areas while working in an open, creative, and collaborative environment.
- You will work hands-on with experienced professionals who will always be one click away from you if you need their help
- Working in a multicultural environment
- A positive and collaborative working culture
- Competitive pay package
- 22 days of holidays (plus bank holidays)
- Company team retreats
If you have the confidence, energy, and passion to take on this exciting role, please get in touch