IT Manager (Remote)
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
About the company
WealthKernel (WK) is a VC-backed, award-winning FinTech company specialising in the Wealth Management industry. Our mission is to make financial services better and more accessible for everyday people. As an API-first technology company, we aim to become the AWS of savings, investment, and pension infrastructure. We are proud to announce that we were recently awarded the Startup Programme - FinTech prize at the CogX Awards 2023.
About the job
WK’s IT Manager develops the vision, strategy, and direction for IT and cyber-security, driving improvements to processes and to the portfolio of business applications that support our growth.
- Development and delivery of the IT strategy and projects, while ensuring alignment with the wider company strategy
- Ensuring IT policies and procedures are up to date, adhered to, and effective in meeting privacy and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring security systems and controls are in place to protect critical business systems and data from unauthorized or accidental access in accordance with security policy requirements
- Playing a leading role in managing and improving the firm's ISMS and managing the ISO 27001 certification process
- Responsible for IT supplier engagement, procurement, and commercial management
- Effectively communicating all aspects of IT to non-IT stakeholders clearly which shows benefits and overall business improvement
- Ensuring all staff are trained and fully understand their responsibilities regarding GDPR and data protection
- Facilitating completion of audits, certifications, due diligence questionnaires, etc regarding our security posture.
- Managing the lifecycle of WealthKernel’s IT hardware and third-party software
- Put systems and processes in place which allow the business to ensure that information security is maintained
- Ability to work with staff at all levels and communicate effectively in both technical and none technical terms.
- Management of SaaS tooling (Jira, Slack, Notion)
- In depth knowledge of Google Workspace
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft 365, AAD (Entra ID), Intune, and supportive services
- Risk management & governance
- Project management
- Process and policy creation & management
- Understanding of cybersecurity best practices, and upcoming changes (e.g. ISO27001: 2022, DORA)
- Understanding of Threat Intelligence best practices
- We believe in transparency and empowering people.
- We want you to challenge us and also to accept being challenged.
- We want you to learn from your mistakes. We want you to propose and try new things.
- We believe in results. We don’t micromanage. We trust you.
- You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your skills into new areas while working in an open, creative, and collaborative environment.
- You will work hands-on with experienced professionals who will always be one click away from you if you need their help.
- Working in a multicultural environment
- A positive and collaborative working culture
- Competitive pay package
- Remotely based position (forever!)
- Company team retreats
If you have the confidence, energy, and passion to take on this exciting role, please get in touch!