Machine Learning Engineer (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimise each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
We are currently looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join wefox’s Advanced Innovation Team in Paris. Our focus, as a cross-functional team, is to leverage machine learning to improve the customer experience, and to deliver innovative products like recommendation, natural language question and answering on unstructured documents, risk detection and risk prevention. As a machine learning engineer you will be involved throughout the lifecycle of the development with the responsibility of machine learning models development: data exploration, state of the art and model architecture, implementation, training, inference/serving, optimization, monitoring and maintenance.
In this role you will :
- Design, implement, deploy, with your agile team, distributed, high-volume, high-performance, low-latency machine learning models.
- Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle, and take ownership of your models: from first data exploration and state of the art to the maintenance and monitoring of models in production.
- Participate in data exploration and data cleaning to build reproducible, versioned datasets.
- Train high performance models in a reproducible environment.
- Optimize models for low latency and performance.
- Participate in the deployment of models in production.
- Monitor, maintain and improve model performances in production.
- Write good designed, testable and efficient code for pre and post processing.
- Integrate your models and code in CI/CD environments.
- Work closely with product owners, devops, and quality assurance in an agile cross-functional team.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work on a variety of different projects with a typical duration of 3 to 8 months
- Bring your own ideas through our ideation process.
- Have a strategic and continuous improvement mentality.
- Love for new technologies and continuous learning.
What you bring :
- Strong knowledge of machine learning architectures: fully connected, CNN, transformers, language models…
- Experience in one (or more) of the following fields: computer vision, natural language processing, audio processing, time series, anomaly detection...
- Good development skills in Python. Any additional languages like C/C++or Rust would be a plus.
- Strong interest in software development.
- Experience with Docker, AWS, kubernetes, build and CI/CD tools would be a plus.
- Experience with relational and non-relational DB.
- Experience in code optimization is a plus
- Experience in understanding product requirements.
- Embrace ownership, autonomy and agile methodology.
- Good English proficiency (Work in an international environment).
What we offer :
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
- Free coffee, fruit, and snacks because we need fuel!
* Additional benefits vary between countries and will be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
Your contact person for this role is Natalia Pérez.
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.