Legal Counsel Corporate (f/m/d)
People Operations Partner (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Legal Counsel Corporate (f/m/d) to join our team and contribute to our growth and success. As our Legal Counsel Corporate, you will play a crucial role in supporting our legal department in various aspects of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) as well as equity and debt transactions. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, you will be involved in both seller-side and buyer-side activities, ensuring legal compliance and providing valuable legal insights throughout the transactional process.
In this role you will:
Mergers and Acquisitions
Assist in due diligence processes for potential acquisitions, conducting legal research, and analysis
Draft and review transactional documents, including but not limited to asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, and confidentiality agreements
Collaborate with internal teams and external advisors to facilitate smooth transaction execution
Support negotiations and communicate legal implications to relevant stakeholders
Equity and Debt Transactions:
Contribute to the drafting and review of financing agreements, including equity investment agreements and loan documentation
Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies related to financing transactions
Work closely with finance and accounting departments to provide legal guidance on funding strategies and structures
Provide general legal advice and support across different departments within the company
Assist in the development and maintenance of legal policies and procedures
Stay updated on changes in laws and regulations affecting the industry and adapt strategies accordingly
What you bring:
- Completion of the second German state exam in Law (Zweites Juristisches Staatsexamen) or an equivalent legal qualification in the European Union
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a corporate legal role, preferably in M&A or transactional law, either in a law firm or a company
- Experience working in-house at a corporation or in a corporate legal department paired with strong understanding of corporate law, contract law, and financing transactions
- Familiarity with insurance industry
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities effectively
- Fluency in German and English
- Attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working.
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets.
- Training and Coaching opportunities.
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Dominique.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.