Compliance Manager and DPO-Platforms(f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimise each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
The Compliance Manager and Data Protection Officer (DPO) will play a critical role in ensuring that wefox's operations within the Platform Business Unit comply with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements. This individual will be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing compliance and data protection programs to safeguard the organisation's operations, customer data, and reputation.
- Develop and maintain compliance policies, procedures, and controls tailored to specific needs of the wefox platform business.
- Monitor and assess regulatory developments, ensuring the wefox platform remains compliant with local and international laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with teams across the organisation to foster compliance awareness and adherence.
- Conduct regular compliance audits and risk assessments and drive the implementation of the mitigation measures.
- Serve as the Data Protection Officer (DPO), liaising with data protection authorities and data subjects.
- Implement and oversee data protection policies and practices in line with GDPR and other regulations.
- Manage data protection impact assessments and records of processing activities.
- Handle data subject requests and manage data breach incidents in compliance with applicable laws.
Training and Education:
- Develop and deliver training programs on compliance and data protection.
- Provide guidance and support to employees and stakeholders on compliance and data protection matters.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare and present regular compliance and data protection reports to senior management and the board of directors.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation related to compliance and data protection efforts.
Vendor and Third-Party Risk Management:
- Evaluate and monitor third-party compliance and data protection practices.
- Collaborate with procurement and legal teams to ensure that contract language addresses compliance and data protection.
- Develop and maintain an incident response plan for compliance and data protection incidents.
What you Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in law, business, or a related field; advanced degree or professional certifications in compliance, data protection, or a related discipline is a plus.
- Proven experience in compliance and data protection in SaaS and technology.
- Strong knowledge of GDPR, local data protection laws, and other applicable compliance and data protection laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the insurance or insurtech industry is a plus.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by our Talent Aquisition Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Shivani Bhardwaj.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.