VP Finance and Risk
Gaia's mission begins with the world’s first IVF insurance product that predicts fertility outcomes and insures against the risk of failure, a major moment for modernising the family planning process. Underpinning our product is a proprietary predictive technology that adds a layer of certainty to an expensive, complicated, desperate, opaque but resolutely hopeful space.
We have raised $30million in funding to date, our A round at the end of 2021 was led by Atomico (read why here). We are FCA regulated, and trade on the Lloyd's of London market as a cover holder of Beazley.
Everyone who wants a family should have the chance to try. For the 1 in 6 families that struggle to conceive, fertility treatments are an option but they are expensive. Because the difference between having a child or not should not be how rich you are, we created the world’s first IVF insurance allowing prospective parents to pursue treatment with the financial unknown.
About the role
We are looking for a VP Financial Products to join us on our mission of building 5,000 families by 2025.
We are looking for an experienced and strategic finance professional to join our executive team. You will manage and optimally fund Gaia’s business, own our unit economics to drive profitability and design the next generation of financial products for consumers and payors in the family building space.
You will be responsible for managing risk across the business. This includes insurance risk, consumer credit risk, pricing, liquidity management, optimising our capital structure, budgeting, forecasting, legal and compliance. You will report to the CEO and be integral in leading Gaia through its next stage of growth.
- Has managed risk at a finance or insurance company
- Ability to think creatively around product & credit structuring
- Good network with capital providers to support us through the next stage of expansion
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and manage a world class team
- Excellent communication skills
- Data-led and happy to roll up your sleeves when needed
- You will embrace our behaviours and be a champion of continuous improvement
- You will leverage your experience to lead by example and proactively identify areas for improvement across the business
- Understand the responsibility of managing risk, legal & compliance across the business
Your responsibilities include
- Manage the insurance and consumer lending book
- Optimise the capital structure across insurance, credit, debt and equity
- Own relationships with capital providers
- Build and lead a team across insurance, consumer finance, pricing, legal, compliance, finance and accounting
- Work closely with our Finance Director on tasks such as financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Manage our liquidity and optimise our working capital terms
- Design and price new products and ensure profitable unit economics at scale
- Think strategically and horizontally across the business in collaboration with the leadership team
- Ensure we are compliant as a regulated business
Requirements & nice-to-haves
- 10+ years experience in Investment Banking, FIG, credit risk, structuring or trading
- Ideally you have some fintech startup experience.