Gaia's mission begins with the world’s first IVF insurance product that predicts fertility outcomes and insures against the risk of failure, a major moment for modernising the family planning process. Underpinning our product is a proprietary predictive technology that adds a layer of certainty to an expensive, complicated, desperate, opaque but resolutely hopeful space.
We have raised $30million in funding to date, our A round at the end of 2021 was led by Atomico (read why here). We are FCA regulated, and trade on the Lloyd's of London market as a cover holder of Beazley.
We exist so that anyone who wants to have a family can try. Our goal is to create 5,000 families by 2025. We are ambitious, brave and hyper focused when it comes to the means to do this.
Everyone who wants a family should have the chance to try. For the 1 in 6 families that struggle to conceive, fertility treatments are an option but they are expensive. We created the world’s first IVF insurance allowing more people who wish to be parents to pursue treatment with increased financial flexibility. Because the difference between having a child or not should not be how rich you are.
As a Finance Manager at Gaia, you will be responsible for a wide range of financial responsibilities in a company where finance and insurance is at the heart of the product. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will build out our accounting expertise with responsibility for collating, processing and reporting on all types of finance data.
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to!)
- Manage our external accountants, ensuring the timely reporting of monthly management and annual accounts
- Running all operational payments
- Handling tax, including VAT & R&D reclaims
- Forming technical accounting policies and processes, identifying where we can use software to automate as much as possible
- Preparing and managing our first audit, providing supporting loan management and third-party reporting
- Managing the monthly opex & budget management, updating the financial forecast and providing insight into company performance
- Manage grant and funding opportunities
- Build out the accounting process and infrastructure to ensure timely and accurate reporting?
You’re a great candidate if
- You are ACCA / ACA / CIMA / ICAEW Qualified (essential!)
- You have 2-3 years post qualification experience
- You have ambitions of being a company’s financial controller
- You have a great eye for detail and you care about the quality of work you deliver
- You love accounting and don’t see it as an experience checkbox
- You take ownership and can manage and collaborate to build end to end processes across different departments to get what you need and you get it done
- You look to automate processes
- You have experience with financial products (bonus)
- You’ve worked with Xero, Stripe &/or SQL (bonus)
What we’re testing for
- Technical accounting expertise
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Proven track record of delivering to a high standard
- Ability to get into and understand the detail and summarise the most important information
- Understanding of a fintech ecosystem
Salary + Benefits offering
- Private Healthcare, Fertility Support, Pension, Equity, Professional Development budget.
If you’re eager for a challenge, want to get stuck in and you're ready to make an impact on other people’s lives, apply below!
We aim to respond to all applicants within 2-3 weeks. There is no deadline for the application, our Finance Manager role will be live until filled.