Senior Full Stack Engineer (React Native & Python)
Peppy Health Ltd
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
We’re on a mission to support the taboo, forgotten and under-served areas of healthcare, starting with Menopause, Fertility, Baby, Specialised Men’s Health and Specialised Women’s Health. Our clients’ employees get expert healthcare support via the Peppy mobile app, with unlimited access to our team of specialist practitioners.
• $45mil Series B fundraise announced in January ‘23, led by Albion VC.
• One of Europe’s fastest growing HealthTech scale-ups; 8x revenue growth in 2021 and 4x revenue growth in 2022.
• B2B SaaS offering, supporting employees across 250+ clients and partners including Natwest Group, Clifford Chance, Capgemini, Santander, Aviva and Coty.
• Remote-first company with 150+ employees globally.
• Proudly B-corp certified and Mission-led - read all about our company values here.
• Number 1 on LinkedIn's Top Startups UK 2023 list.
The salary for this Senior Full Stack Engineer role is between £140,000 and £160,000 / annum, plus employee stock options.
Life as a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Peppy:
- Play a critical role in architecting and implementing our next generation of digital healthcare technology, using personalization, experimentation, and AI/ML methods, for a business that truly makes a difference in people’s lives
- Leverage your expertise in React Native to deliver a world-class mobile application as a leader, contributor, and mentor on an agile, cross-functional team
- Work effectively across our tech stack (mobile, web, backend, data, ML) to routinely deliver user and business impact
- Write clean, performant, and tested code, documented for the benefit of your peers and beyond
- Participate in peer review and ensure high quality of deliverables via version control and CI/CD
- Bring your user empathy and experience to discovery exercises and technical discussions; proposing, challenging and approving technical solutions
- Embody a growth mindset, working to advance and acquire skills with support from peers and leaders
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve user happiness, impact the business, and simplify our technical surface area
- Understand and support business functions beyond engineering, spanning our clinical, service delivery, sales, and marketing teams
Our dream Senior Full Stack Engineer looks something like:
- Experienced building impactful products from scratch for an early stage startup
- First-hand knowledge what scale and quality look like in a large technology company
- Enjoys and thrives in the ambiguity and uncertainty of nascent projects
- 5+ years of professional experience developing customer-facing Mobile Applications
- 3+ years of professional experience developing with React Native
- Experience writing TypeScript and experience with Redux and React Hooks
- Proficient in Python
- Familiarity with machine learning and AI methods
- Excellent communicator who can simplify complexity to share your work with the whole team and the wider company
- Proven ability to learn, investigate, experiment, prototype, and iterate
- A deep understanding of coding best practices and a dedication to creating efficient, scalable, and maintainable code
- An insatiable desire to quickly release and iterate – you are happiest when the things you build go out in the wild
You may not check all of these boxes, and that’s totally fine! We strongly encourage excited candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Peppy’s Perks and Benefits:
Access to Peppy: You can receive free unlimited access to the Peppy app to use our Menopause, Fertility, Baby, Women’s Health or Men’s Health services.
Health & Wellbeing: You will receive Private Medical Insurance through Vitality, including VitalityGP, optical, dental and hearing coverage.
Financial Wellness: You have access to your own confidential financial wellbeing coach and resources, through Bippit.
Parental Leave: We have a generous Enhanced Family Leave policy, whether you or your partner are giving birth, going through surrogacy or adoption.
Pension: We offer an up to 5% employer pension contribution scheme through Nest.
Holidays: Peppy employees in the UK get 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
Remote-First: We're a remote-first business, rather than remote-only. So you can choose between working from home, or in a shared WeWork office or somewhere in between, as long as it's within the UK.
Socials: We encourage our employees to join our in-person team events and socials to build stronger connections within your team. If you live outside London, your travel expenses for these events are on us too!
Tech: New joiners receive a company MacBook delivered in time for your first day.
Equality & Diversity:
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process.