Commercial Legal Counsel - 14 Months FTC
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
We’re on a mission to support the taboo, forgotten and under-served areas of healthcare, starting with Menopause, Fertility, Baby, Specialised Men’s Health and Specialised Women’s Health. Our clients’ employees get expert healthcare support via the Peppy mobile app, with unlimited access to our team of specialist practitioners.
• $45mil Series B fundraise announced in January ‘23, led by Albion VC
• One of Europe’s fastest growing HealthTech scale-ups; 8x revenue growth in 2021 and 4x revenue growth in 2022.
• B2B SaaS offering, supporting employees across 250+ clients and partners including Natwest Group, Clifford Chance, Capgemini, Santander, Aviva and Coty.
• Remote-first company with 200+ employees across UK, USA and Europe.
• Proudly B-corp certified and Mission-led - read all about our company values here.
Life as a Commercial Legal Counsel at Peppy:
- Report directly to our Head of Legal and act as a trusted advisor to the business.
- Working closely with the sales team and leading on the drafting and negotiation of any enterprise customer contracts where required.
- Creating, updating and managing legal templates and supporting with queries relating to the company’s online contracting platform.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating supplier contracts and providing support on commercial ad hoc enquiries which come to the legal team.
- Providing support to other teams within the business, such as the InfoSec team, Product Team, Operations Team etc. on new projects and business ventures, highlighting risks and escalating where required.
- Leverage your expertise in privacy and regulatory compliance to advise our Product and Practitioner teams.
- Assist our People and Talent teams by providing advice on employment agreements and employment law issues.
- Providing support to other members of the legal team, working with our US legal counsel and paralegal where required.
- Providing support and training to junior team members on commercial issues.
Our dream Legal Counsel has:
- Experience as a UK qualified solicitor having trained in-house or in a Legal 500 firm, with at least 5 years PQE.
- Prior experience in a B2B SaaS business in-house role or in a private practice with a focus on Commercial contract drafting and negotiation.
- Experience negotiating contracts with other large enterprise businesses in-house legal teams or with experienced lawyers.
- Demonstrable experience and interest in corporate, commercial and privacy law
- Tech-savvy individual comfortable with working with and learning new software tools
- (Desirable) Good understanding of employment law and International work experience
- (Desirable) Experience working in a highly regulated environment
Equality & Diversity
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process.
See more open positions at Peppy
Something looks off?