Financial Crime Transaction Monitoring Specialist
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
We are Ramp, a well-funded scaleup that makes the Web3 world a reality 🚀
We seek a highly motivated and detail-oriented FinCrime Transaction Monitoring Specialist to join Risk & Compliance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting KYC (Know Your Customer) checks, monitoring transactions for fraudulent activity, analyzing data, conducting name screening checks, writing reports, documenting evidence, and providing subject matter expertise on fraud operation processes.
Note: This is a day and night shift position, and the candidate must be able to work promptly to meet service-level agreements.
Your future work will include:
- Conduct KYC (Know Your Customer) checks, including verifying customer identity, address, and source of funds.
- Monitor transactions in real-time for fraudulent activity, such as account takeover, friendly fraud, and suspicious activity.
- Analyze transaction data daily to identify fraud trends and patterns.
- Conduct name screening checks to ensure transactions are not associated with sanctioned individuals or entities.
- Write reports and document evidence, findings, and recommendations.
- Participate in team meetings and present findings to colleagues and leaders.
- Provide subject matter expertise on fraud operation processes.
- Keep up to date with the latest fraud schemes and cybercrime investigations.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the safety and security of customers' accounts.
What we are looking for in candidates:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of experience in fraud risk operations, transaction monitoring, or a related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and data analysis software.
- Knowledge of AML/CFT regulations and guidelines.
- Flexibility to work in shifts, during weekends and/or holidays, or extended hours as needed.
- Passion for fraud schemes and cybercrime investigations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Willing to do whatever is necessary to ensure the safety of our customers.
- Roll-up-the-sleeves and no-task-is-too-small-attitude.
We would like to encourage you to apply for this position if you meet the above requirements and are passionate about detecting and preventing fraudulent activity.
- 📈 stock options in a rapidly growing scale-up,
- 🪙 zero-fee crypto purchases via Ramp,
- 👩🎓 the yearly self-development and conference budget of PLN 2000 to help you grow,
- 🏠 comfy workspace located in Warsaw and Wrocław,
- 🏊♀️ private health care package and Multisport Plus card for you and your partner,
- 💻 newest Mac or laptop with Windows or Linux, and any other tools you may need,
- 🥇 being part of one of the hottest crypto startups,
- 🗣️ English lessons,
- 🔝 making decisions having an impact and a super high level of ownership.
Ramp is an equal-opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills, experience, potential for growth and attitude.
93% of Team members answered YES! when asked: "If they were overly satisfied with their cooperation with Ramp."
We are Ramp
Blockchain is changing the world. A future decentralized version of the Internet promises a fairer, quicker and more secure experience where users own and control their data.
Today, we’re inches away from the paradigm shift, and Ramp is among a few companies defining the infrastructure of tomorrow’s economy. The bottom-up revolution is already well underway and will soon hit the mainstream. We need people like you to join a best-in-class team and help the company move forward as a pioneer.
Our operating framework is built on passion and hunger. We want our staff to feel propelled, challenged and motivated. We’re a supportive yet highly driven team.
And we’re constantly looking for people who can think differently, challenge the status quo and encourage others to be at their best. If you feel this is somewhere you would thrive, and you can make an impact, we want to hear from you.
Psst. If you're not the one, but someone you know might just be the perfect fit? Let them know!
See more open positions at Ramp
Something looks off?