Senior Ruby Engineer - Remote Europe
Europe-based applicants only
We’re here to give authors the tools and resources they need to create beautiful books. Our marketplace gathers the industry's best publishing professionals — the likes of Neil Gaiman's editor, Nora Roberts' book marketer, and GRRM’s cover designer.
We’ve grown to a community of 1,000,000 authors and over 3,000 freelancers in just a few short years, while picking up a number of industry awards along the way 🏆
Want to hop on board and help us get to our next destination? Cool, keep reading!
We have built a number of products at Reedsy, including a marketplace (https://reedsy.com) and a book discovery platform (https://reedsy.com/discovery). We're currently building a new authentication app and an email marketing tool. We have a number of new features in the pipeline for each of those and we need your help!
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Architect and develop highly scalable web applications;
- Work closely with our designers and engineers to design, build, and ship new features from scratch;
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability, and security of applications in production;
- Take ownership for your tasks and see features through from start to finish;
- Build RESTful APIs.
- 5+ years with Ruby on Rails at production level
- Experience with SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL (Redis) databases
- Unit tests (RSpec) and QA testing tools and techniques
- Git advanced knowledge
- Strong emphasis with Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Perfectly fluent in English, great communication skills
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with deployment automation tools
- A good dose of ambition, a willingness to learn, and a great sense of humor
- Work from home;
- Paid paternal and maternal leave;
- Reedski, our annual ski trip.
€60k – €100k